.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

The Lab In the Attic

Thursday, May 25, 2006

Dammit

Damn pool. I just can't get it back to normal. The water is a nasty green, and I can see clumps of alge as big as basketballs floating in there. I almost espect to see dead fish come floating to the top like some kind of toxic waste dump.

I had just got the pool back to crystal clear niceness and was all ready for another summer of floating in the cool waters of laziness....when the pump broke. And because the pool place near my house keeps banker's hours it was a week and a half before I could get there and buy a new one.

By then the water was back to that scummy green color. Not quite what I want to dip my toes into.

So for the last few weeks I've poured all sorts of chemicals into it, I ran the pump constantly, I cleaned the filter, hell I did everything the 16 year old pool expert at the pool store told me to do.

Nothing.

I'm getting pissed about this. I may just tear the damn thing down with my bare hands. And then buy one of those whirly-thing sprinklers for the yard.

That and a lawn chair and I'll be set.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home