.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

The Lab In the Attic

Sunday, March 05, 2006

Work had been beating up on me lately. 10-hours days is not the way for management to get good numbers on their surveys... as if they really cared.

Got "Pulse" from my best friend Netflix, and watched it alone one night, real late. It's one of those Japanese horror movies that somebody I'm sure will soon think it's necessary to remake because they think Americans can't read subtitles while watching a movie.

This film asked, among other things, where do people go when they die. And what if wherever it is they do go gets too full? And somehow the internet come up.

There are unanswered questions let to your imagination and some genuienly creepy moments in this movie, two moments that actually made my skin crawl, and that hasn't happened to me in a long time. Most horror movies made today just try to make you jump, and that isn't scary. "Pulse" scared me.

Also been watching on DVD:

The Flash '90s comic for TV; not bad. Not great.
Cold Feet Billed as 'British FRIENDS' but more soap-opera than funny.
Mirrormask Neil Gaiman live-action dream. Cool effects, nice story, an engaging movie most people will never see
Stat Trek (The original series) Gotta watch Kirk and Spock once in a while.

On TV:
Battlestar Galactica Far, far better than I would have thought at the start, probably the best show on TV today.

Welcome back, me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home